Replacement Keys For Filing Cabinets


A question that we get asked a lot is what happens if I lose the key to my cabinet. So we thought that we would write a quick post on how to go about it.

Most metal products like filing cabinets, metal stationary cupboards, and paper drawers use 1 of the below key types. These units are typically made by Europlan or Precision in New Zealand.

We don't sell keys. The best place to get them is Armstrong Locksmiths. Click here for a location near you

 L & F Key- 

  • Only has a profile on one side.
  •  Is numbered between 001 and 200
  • If you have lost the key then the lock will have the number on it.
  • Replacements are available from any decent locksmith (we recommend Armstrongs), just ask for an L & F with the number from the lock

  CL (Cyber Lock) Key- 

   -  These have been introduced more recently. Probably in the last 5-6 years

   -  The have a double sided profile

   - The key will have a 4 digit number often starting with 7

  -  The number on the lock and key is followed by 'cc'

 -  There are 2 types of CL key and there will be an extra etched number on the lock which will be either M1 or MT. You will need to let your locksmith know which type you need.

 -  These are generally used by Europlan and Precision Lockers. 

We hope this is helpful. If you have something different then feel free to drop in and see us at Commercial Traders 36 Alfred Street, Onehunga Auckland or send us an e-mail of the lock or key that you are trying to replace and we should be able to guide you in the right direction.

Previous Post Next Post